2020 IRS Representation Update
This program has been approved IRS CPE Credit 2(Taxes)
Download Attendee MaterialConference Material (Password Required)
COVID-19 has dramatically changed IRS enforcement procedures. This class will provide a timely update of current IRS initiatives and procedures. IRS has taken steps to rein in its tough enforcement approach.
Over the past several years, the IRS has seen its budget cut significantly. There has been a corresponding reduction in the quality of service that it provides, including a dramatic cutback in its enforcement efforts. 2019 was a turning point for IRS. It was able to hire 1,000 new enforcement professionals. The new IRS commissioner is improving morale at the agency. This course will examine the methods the IRS is using in this new enforcement climate.
It will cover new IRS examination and collection priorities and procedures, IRS criminal investigation initiatives, recent important developments for practitioners, and taxpayer advocate services. Other topics to be discussed include problems in the tax system, new procedures at IRS campuses, and the impact of new IRS leadership. This course is certain to get you up to speed on how to properly advise your clients in this new enforcement environment.
- IRS COVID-19 initiatives
- Identify IRS initiatives in examinations
- Recognize current changes in IRS collection procedures
- Identify the IRS offshore compliance initiative
- Recognize IRS budget problems and its impact on your clients
- Discuss IRS penalty procedures and analyze common IRS penalties
- Case Studies and Live Q&A session with speaker
- PowerPoint presentation for reference
Who Will Benefit:
- Enrolled agents
- Finance and accounting professionals
- Tax professionals
- Law firms dealing with tax issues
- Profit businesses involved in joint ventures with non-profit organizations
- Tax attorneys
- Other Tax Preparers