Mastering Excel: Pivot Tables for Beginners
PRESENTER(s): David H. Ringstrom
No matter if you are a Beginner or an Advanced user of Excel, you are sure to benefit from this quick course which goes through the most important tools that are available in an Excel Pivot Table. The course is designed for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013 and Excel 2016.
In this valuable presentation, Excel expert David Ringstrom teaches you how to create and use Excel pivot tables so you can crunch numbers like a pro! Pivot tables enable you to easily create reports from complex data simply by using your mouse. David shows you how to initiate a pivot table from a list of data, add fields, dig deeper into the numbers, and more. In addition, he points out pivot tables traps and shares tricks to help ensure your reports are accurate.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in the Office 365 version of Excel. David draws your attention to any differences in the older versions of Excel (2019, 2016, 2013, and earlier) during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Join this session with Excel expert speaker David H. Ringstrom, CPA, who will teaches the basics of using Excel pivot tables in this beneficial webcast. Pivot tables empower users to easily create reports from complex data simply by using their mouse. Pivot tables, as is the case with many Excel features, have nuances that can trip up the unaware user, so David explains some traps and shares tricks to help ensures the reports you create are accurate. He will also discuss how you can play around with PivotTables, change their appearance, create data-based groupings, and update the PivotTable as and when needed.
- How to set up your data and create an Excel Pivot Table in less than 3 minutes which will increase your efficiency!
- How to put your key business metrics like Year to Date Sales, Monthly Variations and Top 10 Customers in an interactive Excel Pivot Table, taking your analytical skills to another level!
- How to create an Interactive Excel Dashboard with Slicers & Pivot Charts that will WOW your boss and get you noticed by top Management!
- Identify the best approach for formatting numbers within pivot tables.
- Define the default location for pivot table data when you click a checkbox for a given field.
- Compiling unwieldy data into the format required for pivot table analysis quickly and easily
- Using Excel’s Pivot Table feature to quickly identify anomalies within QuickBooks data
- Discovering how pivot tables differ from worksheet formulas and learning the importance of the Refresh command
- Identifying the requirements of ideal data sets to be analyzed within your pivot tables
- Creating a pivot table to transform lists of data into on-screen reports.
- Adding fields to a blank pivot table to create instant reports.
- Identifying the ideal data for analysis with Excel’s PivotTable feature.
- Contrasting sorting data within worksheets to the nuances of sorting data within pivot tables.
- Filtering pivot table data based on a new dimension by using the Report Filter command.
- Discovering four different ways to remove data from a pivot table report.
- Distinguishing the differences among pivot table-related menus in Excel 2013 and later versus older versions of Excel.
- Exploring the nuances of formatting numbers within pivot tables.
- Filtering pivot tables to show fewer columns and/or rows of data.
- Manipulating the appearance of a PivotTable via dragging and command techniques
- Using Slicers to accentuate fields currently being shown (and which ones are not)
- Using the new Timeline feature
- Creating ad-hoc and date-based groupings within a PivotTable
- Exploring the best techniques for updating PivotTables
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone familiar with many of Excel’s features but has little or no experience with using PivotTables
- Those who wish to learn how to create and use Excel pivot tables, which allow users to create accurate reports easily.
- Medical Billing Professionals
- Data analysts
- Finance professionals
- Human Resource Professionals
- Office Managers/Administrators
- All Staff /Coordinators/Receptionist/Front Desk
- All Excel users
- Anyone needing to know how to create PivotTables from multiple sources, use Slicers, Timelines, Calculated Fields, and Conditional Formatting will benefit from this course.
- Anyone who uses excel extensively