Reporting Foreign Accounts & Assets: FBAR vs. Form 8938
This program has been approved IRS CPE Credit 2(Taxes)
This session will focus on FBAR reporting and contrast it with the filing requirements for Form 8938. Do we really have to file both?! Learn to distinguish between foreign accounts and foreign assets; become familiar with reporting thresholds; beware of the harsh consequences for non-compliance. But there’s more: Forms 3520, 5471, 8621, 8865 and 8891. Forms 926, 5472, 8300 and 8854. Find out what the wrath of FATCA has wrought.
- Identify when a taxpayer has a foreign reporting obligation.
- Recognize the overlap of reporting mandates stemming from regulations enacted decades apart.
- Compile the information necessary to properly report foreign accounts and assets.
- Implement best practices to help clients avoid penalties and potential criminal prosecution.
- Understand the options available to those who have been non-compliant.
- Session Duration: 2 Hours
- Case Studies and Live Q&A session with speaker
- PowerPoint presentation for reference
- Session learning level: Introductory
- Delivery method: Group Internet Based
- IRS Credits: 2 Tax Hours
- IRS Course ID: PJGWS
Who Will Benefit:
- Tax Attorneys
- Tax Compliance Managers
- Other Tax Professionals