Form I-9 Compliance Update for 2022
PRESENTER(s): Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) once again is extending its flexibility regarding the physical presence requirements for I-9 inspection for until April 2022 due to the ongoing precautions related to the COVID-19 pandemic
Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification is a standardized form used by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) for employment verification in the United States. Mandated by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Form I-9 is used to verify the identity and legal authorization of all employees who work in the United States. During the I-9 process, the employee must provide their employer with documentation that proves their legal status to work in the United States. These investigations have focused on all industries viewed as employing a large percentage of unauthorized workers (e.g., the construction industry, landscaping, manufacturing, or agricultural industry). However, there are still efforts by ICE to continue investigations in the workplace.
Join this virtual conference and understand step-by-step I-9 form preparation, correction, and audit process and discussion of all the new guidelines for completing the new I-9 form as well as the ongoing regulations for an appropriate method of correcting this document without incurring fines and penalties.
- COVID-19 has shifted the focus on regulatory agencies. Learn how the extension of the flexibility for remote employees still has requirements that have to be provided by Employers.
- Learn what specifics do Employers have to have in place to complete the I-9 Remote Option when the policy expires
- Learn what the focus is for ICE during the pandemic when it comes to I-9 Audits
- Learn how to conduct an internal I-9 Form Audit and reduce your error rate
- Although the I-9 document appears like a simple document, more than 72% of Employers have I-9 Documents with errors;
- What specifics do Employers have to have in place to complete the I-9 Remote Option when the policy expires?
- What is the focus for ICE during the pandemic when it comes to I-9 Audits?
- How to conduct an internal I-9 Form Audit and reduce your error rate?
- What is the right way to correct I-9 documents and save your company from unnecessary violations?
- What is the minimal risk Employers have when establishing an I-9 document Correction & Storage Process?
- Can outsourcing your internal I-9 Audit save you time and protect the company from ICE audits?
- How long should I-9 documents need to be retained for active and terminated employees?
- Why are most HR professionals or those responsible for processing I-9 documents still violating the request for documents section?
- What are the latest guidelines on how to prepare for an audit from DHS?
Who Will Benefit:
- All Employers
- Business Owners
- Company Leadership
- Compliance professionals
- HR Professionals
- Employers in all industries
- Small Business Owners
- Large Business Owners